a little bit of me and you

Tuesday 8 July 2014

A few updates

I'm going through a chapter and some stats in my demography textbook, and the shit in there scares me. By 2050, in our lifetime, (with the current population increase of 1,2 %) the world will have 10,7 billion citizens, and I keep wondering with which resources Earth will be able to provide for all these people.

Moving on...

Frederik is moving out today – will be interesting to see who moves in.

Mr P got lucky on Tinder. Apperently she's NOT very cute, but he doesn't complain.

To get to the main part of this post... I was thinking while walking home from the central station yesterday. It's a 15 min walk, through one of the crowdiest streets in Oslo. I was looking at people, and at what was going on, and I realised why some tourists don't fancy certain parts of Oslo. This street that I speak of is kind of infamous, and it's the obvious route home unless you take a detour or bus or tram.

Every other person I walked past looked like users (they have an unmistakable appearance), and most of them looked like they were high on heroin, staggering about with a euphoric look in their eyes. Everywhere. I was walking behind this girl the whole way, and there were so many creepy guys that threw remarks at her. One that stood out was this old long-haired drunk without teeth that basically was drooling while she walked past. There are certain parts of the city I don't need you to see. And what happens to the eastern parts of the city at night is also something I don't like. If you walk home through the inner east after midnight, for fun you just start counting how many times you are offered drugs during that one walk. African guys will be standing at every corner coming up to you: «Want some weed? Something else? I can get you everything», and in the end it just becomes routine to ignore them.

But you'll like it apart from this, so do come. Do you know about the reading week yet?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Storytellers

Labels

K (10) S (5)