a little bit of me and you

Friday 27 June 2014

Today

My love for you is like noodles, long and yielding.

I'll be the first to admit I overlooked your feelings.

Sometimes I forget how much you actually care about me, and it always surprises me to see you upset over small things that I didn't think about.

Like the other day - I'm quite a recluse in my habits and very much an independent soul. I don't need to keep in contact with my friends all the time, I don't need to talk to them all the time and I don't feel they need to hear from me all the time either.

For example, I haven't spoken to my best friend since February. But it doesn't change anything, and she knows me, and as soon as we see each other again it will be like there never was a break. She's still my bestfriend.

What I'm trying to say is, even though I might not be talking to you all the time, it doesn't mean I don't think about you, or I'm not thinking about what you're doing, where you are, who you're with. You're on my mind, I just don't always communicate it.

And I know you have a completely different attitude, and you see it a different way. But just try to see if from my point of view too. I show my appreciation in a different way.
Trust me when I say this is as good as I get - which I know is awful.

I know you need the communication, the confirmation and the contact a lot more. You get jealous and anxious and needy and that's fine. It's just I need my space and you know and respect that.

And now I need to try to respect what you need too.

If you were here, I would poke you and hug you and not let go even if you tried to shake me off until you broke a smile. And then I would cook you a hearty meal and sit you outside in the last bits of the evening sunshine with a nice ol' book. (after you washed the dishes of course).

I'm not insensitive, just difficult and silly and, most of all; sorry.

:).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Storytellers

Labels

K (10) S (5)